So, you’ve finally launched your dropshipping web store. Or are about to. Either way, your priority is to get actual visitors, so you could convert them into customers. In this post, we’re going over tips on free traffic sources and marketing your store.
Start with making sure your website is user-friendly:
- Work on attractive website design. If your store is built on WordPress, there are tons of themes to chose from. Check if the fonts and colors are readable, images are HQ, and the layout is not distorted.
- Make the navigation easy. Use keywords and tags, a faultless website search, and a detailed filter system. Implement multi-language and multi-currency support. Don’t make any under construction pages visible for visitors, but make pages like FAQ, or Contacts easily accessible from any page.
- Use a product description that sells for each item. Adress your target audience, describe, how the product’s benefit can improve their lives. Write broad descriptions but focus on the facts, not just metaphors. The best thing would be hiring a copywriter who will also provide grammatically correct texts.
- Eliminate technical errors. Make sure there are no broken or inactive links, and that all the scripts work properly.
These are just the essentials you should start with. As mentioned above, WordPress will be one of the best types of CMS to build a dropshipping store on. It is much less pricey than, say, Shopify and it yields great results, especially if you work with AliExpress. You can also get a custom online store from professional developers for a one-time fee — and then focus primarily on bringing free traffic to it. There are several ways to do that:
- SEO-ing your online store blog. This is especially great for niche stores. Let’s say your primarily dropshipping niche is bed linen & home decor. You add a blog to your site, regularly updated with useful posts like “Top 10 comforters,” or “Guide to choosing the right curtains.” Each article is written with the help of an SEO specialist, using the keywords that will bring the interested customers via Google and other search engines.
- YouTube for your store. Use the videos for product advertising, video reviews, tutorials, guides, and all sorts of promo. Don’t forget to link your online store in the description box under each video and in your channel’s info.
- Instagram for your store. The official account for your store can represent your brand via targeted ads: it’s a great way to find the audience interested in your niche. Nowadays Instagram has numerous great features for visual promo — from photos & videos to stories, highlights, and the TikTok-like Reels. Make sure your store is linked in your bio.
- Target advertising on Facebook. A powerful tool that makes the FB algorithm works in your favor. It’s important, however, to find a competent target specialist who will make your ads not only reachable but presentable and appealing.
To be sure the visitors who end up on your site don’t leave empty-handed, you need to keep the brand moving. A dropshipping plugin for AliExpress WooCommerce stores will make that job easier. If you’re already using another dropshipping software, you can easily migrate your store and rip the benefits. This Ali2Woo plugin automates and synchronizes all the crucial processes, so neither you nor your customers are left unsatisfied.