When it comes to dropshipping in the USA, “dropshipping eBay” becomes one of the most popular search queries. eBay is one of the oldest, biggest, and most popular online marketplaces in the world, based in the US, with nearly 200 million users in 2021. Hundreds of thousands of transactions are made there every day. There are several important things about eBay dropshipping you should know:
- Pricing is important. Since Americans are used to thinking that goods are cheaper on eBay, they are loyal to it. There are many ways to control your profits on eBay, but setting a high starting bid that covers your fixed costs would be the best idea. These costs should include shipping, taxes, and eBay’s fees (for listing fees, use eBay’s Fee Calculator to get the final value).
- Do not overwork. Automate everything that can be automated. This will boost your sales, which is the only way to get rich selling on eBay. Choose products that allow multiple listings. Make these listings using the dropshipping eBay plugin eBay2Woo.
- Be up-to-date. Trust means reputation, reputation means profits. A single bad review can neglect all your efforts. eBay2Woo keeps all the suppliers’ info up-to-date.
- Reputation is the key. And it depends on the fulfillment of orders. You have to…
- …deal with reliable suppliers only. They will ship quickly and give you tracking numbers.
- Trackability matters. Tracking number formats differ. If you ship from Amazon, you will have to convert the TBA number to what eBay will recognize.
- Respect your buyers. Your goal is to make them satisfied, leave good reviews, and come back to buy from you again. Be professional and polite, and treat them accordingly.
- eBay listings depend on the right timing. Time your listing around the peak hours when people come online to shop. On weekends, between 4 and 7 PM, there are lots of buyers online.
What makes dropshipping with eBay so lucrative, and how to get the most?
It is very convenient if you are a US resident (or your business is registered to a US resident); then you can sell American goods to Americans and significantly reduce the delivery time, which is often a key competitive advantage in the US market. Americans are used to receiving their purchases quickly. If you are a non-resident, you will have to look for suppliers at AliExpress who have a warehouse in the US. Even if you are a non-resident and you have a store on WordPress (WooCommerce), you can sell both products from AliExpress and products from eBay in your store. For both, we highly recommend using our plugins: Ali2Woo and eBay2Woo (click the name to read more about it). Using both of them, you can easily, inexpensively, and profitably organize your products, expand the range and keep it up-to-date. Some of our users earn more than $100000 a month. Let it motivate you to ask us how. We will share.