One can argue that dropshipping is not strictly speaking a direct sales model of eCommerce. That’s incorrect: it does fall under a B2C umbrella. And that’s actually the thing so many dropshippers tend to forget. As a result, they don’t provide their customers with the same level of personal attention as a prosperous traditional direct seller. You can offer hot dropshipping products in abundance, but that’s not the only tool for success. So what else you may need?
Finding The Right Dropshipping Supplier and More
Even if you’ve already found your winning products, you need to be sure their supplier is trustworthy, consistent, and always updates their inventory in time. The visitors of your dropshipping store don’t care if you are dropshipping or not: they are purchasing items from you. That means you will be the one dealing with positive or negative results. And if you dropship from a wholesaler that always provides quality, you can guarantee a stable B2C / D2C experience to the customers.
- Use WooCommerce and AliExpress for dropshipping. Don’t immediately pick a supplier with the lowest prices though. Your best bet is the ones with the most orders. Then weed out the ones with the most positive feedback.
- Read the reviews left by customers in the supplier’s store. They need to paint a picture of a seller that 1. Ships the products as fast as possible 2. Doesn’t mess up the orders 3. Provides quality products 4. Is open to communication and problem-solving. 5. Provides guarantees such as refunds, or delivery on time.
- Talk to the actual supplier. Message them as a customer, see how quickly they reply.
- Place an order to check the supplier’s selling ethics and product quality in action.
- Also, visit dropshipping sites, groups, or subreddits with reviews and success stories to study some tactics first-hand.
The information you gather and employ secures the positioning of your dropshipping businesses as a direct sales store. Starting from there, you can build a loyal customer base and develop your own brand.
The greatness of the dropshipping model is that you absolutely can provide a satisfying direct-to-customer experience without investing money in buying finished goods beforehand. But you absolutely have to invest in your reputation. And once you find reliable suppliers, you will need to make sure your online dropshipping store is 100% synchronized with theirs.
This is achieved through specialized dropshipping software. Not all of them require special knowledge in programming to get a professional-level online store. Ali2Woo is one of those types of software. Our AliExpress dropshipping plugin synchronizes your website with your supplier’s inventory, automizes pricing, automatically fulfills orders — and more. Get started now!