Dropshipping, in a nutshell, is a direct shipment of goods from an online seller to a buyer. An eCommerce business model, essentially. But what’s the main difference from the “regular” sales here? What is dropshipping in terms of investments and profit?
How Dropshipping Works: A Guide
The thing is, a dropshipping vendor doesn’t need to invest in stock, inventory, or storage rent. After a buyer purchases in a dropshipper’s store, their order will be shipped directly from the supplier/distributor. The dropshipper’s profit here will be the margin between their store’s and the supplier’s cost.
- Let’s dive deeper into the core of dropshipping. The model isn’t complex and is suitable for business newcomers and seasoned vendors equally. See: this dropshipping guide.
- In the beginning, a dropshipper — who also will be referred to as a “seller” — registers a domain name and buys a web hosting for the store. It’s better to build the site using WordPress as a CMS. And to make that store suitable for dropshipping, you need to use a good WooCommerce plugin (see below.)
- The seller chooses the products they want to sell, and then picks a supplier, or several, from a trusted wholesale platform. The most popular ones are AliExpress and eBay.
- After setting up a catalog of products and setting up prices with trade margins, the dropshipper can start the sales.
The scheme goes as follows:
Customer places order(s), pays & gives you shipment info > You buy the order that customer paid for from the supplier for a wholesale price & give the supplier the customer’s shipment info > The supplier sends the order from their storage to the customer directly > You’re left with a profit.
This is the gist of a topic, a how-to guide, answering the many “what is dropshipment?” and “que es dropshipment” that search engines see daily. If you decided to follow it, time to get precise.
How Start Dropshipping: Pros and Precautions
Begin with deciding on the products! You can sell goods you’re familiar with, as well as something in high demand. To find out products that may be profitable, rely on the latest trends. Comb through social media, marketplaces, and search engines to determine those.
If you’re new to dropshipping, start with products that are not easily perishable (no make-up, breakable things, electronics, etc.). Minimalist toys, clothes, bedlinen, fabrics, and such are the best bet for beginners. Don’t forget to order samples from a potential supplier to check the quality! This is important because dropshippers are responsible for returns and refunds.
How to Start Dropshipping Business Easily
The trick is to invest in a decent website and a user-friendly dropshipping plugin. Ali2Woo Plugin is cost-effect, easy to navigate, and our team can customize a personalized online store ready for WooCommerce. It is available for both AliExpress. Also, we have a separate plugin for eBay.
There’s a question common for beginners in dropshipping: how to keep everything in check? Prices and interface, products, and payments? Ali2Woo Plugin:
- Imports products from AliExpress to your store in bulk.
- Filters and imports only the products with the fastest delivery options.
- Automatically updates prices in bulk, adding your trade margins.
- Automatically sets up and tracks shipments.
- Synchronizes your store with supplier’s info: you are always aware of what they do and do not have in stock.
- Allows you to customize your product pages: change titles, add descriptions, photos, videos, etc.
- Supports multiple currencies & languages.
- Supports the AliExpress Affiliate program.
- Imports product reviews directly from AliExpress.
- Comes with a free Chrome extension that lets you import products as you browse AliExpress.
- … and more.