At the beginning of the journey in the world of dropshipping, every entrepreneur faces the question of choosing a platform on which to develop the website. Today there are so many different platforms with different functionality, and the most popular among dropshippers are Shopify and Woocommerce. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. So, let`s discuss what are the advantages of using Woocommerce instead of Shopify when starting a dropshipping business.
Shopify vs Woocommerce
Shopify is a platform that has everything you need to get started. Compared to Woocommerce, it’s very limited in features, but for a beginner, you don’t need more than that. Shopify provides a single control panel to manage your orders, shipments, and payments. Shopify is a platform for conventional template sites, something extraordinary can not be created here.
Advantages of Shopify:
- You know exactly how much you’ll be paying every month and the pricing is fair.
- There’s access to thousands of apps to extend your store.
- The themes are plentiful and beautiful.
- Shopify handles everything for you from hosting to security.
- It takes just a few minutes to launch your store.
- Dropshipping is rather simple with Shopify.
- The support is the best in the business.
It is important to note that Shopify is predominantly used by those entrepreneurs who work with Amazon. So if you work with AliExpress or eBay, a more profitable option would be to create a site on WooCommerce.
WooCommerce – a separate software based on WordPress. By choosing this option to create a dropshipping store, you will have access to the code, which allows you to customize your store according to any needs. You’ll also need hosting with WordPress installed on it.
Advantages of WooCommerce:
- WooCommerce offers complete customization and control.
- WordPress has a huge community online.
- The themes and plugins are endless, since just about anyone can make and sell them online.
- WooCommerce is simple to configure on WordPress.
- The WooCommerce plugin is free.
It will be important to emphasize that there are more sites on WooCommerce than on Shopify. This applies not only to dropshipping websites but also to regular online stores.
What are the advantages of using Woocommerce instead of Shopify for dropshipping business?
Below are the main advantages of WooCommerce over Shopify:
- Open source code. This provides unlimited possibilities for editing the website.
- Extensions. There are a lot of useful extensions like Ali2Woo that ease dropshipping business. For example, with our dropshipping plugin, you can automate most processes like products import, editing products, order fulfillment, shipping, and so on.
- Sales opportunities. WooCommerce gives the ability to sell both physical and digital goods: e-books, music, software, etc.
- Marketing tools. Online store owners, thanks to the WooCommerce feature, can quickly launch promotional offers and discounts. You can also install widgets that will show visitors the recommended items.
- Catalog management. WooCommerce allows you to easily manage the products on the website.
It may seem to you that this is not a significant advantage, but it is not. In fact, at the beginning of the business these features are not so important, but as your business grows, for example, on Shopify, you will miss these advantages. Because of this, you won’t be able to grow your business and increase your profits accordingly. In any case, dropshipping for Shopify has other advantages.