Whenever you research dropshipping, Shopify pops up. This platform is the world’s eCommerce leader, and it’s not like those ranks are underserved. But how does dropshipping on Shopify really work these days?
Pros and Cons of Shopify Dropshipping
Shopify is used by thousands of successful retailers, which makes it appealing to dropshipping newcomers. There’s this thing, however: investment. Sellers who thrive with this software usually had a hefty capital from the get-go — something that dropshipping does not require. Let’s have a more detailed look at dropshipping for Shopify.
- A user-friendly approach to site-building. If you know HTML/CSS Shopify lets you work with those. If you don’t, it has a really simple constructor with numerous templates and themes for your store.
- eCommerce essentials. The Basic Shopify plan comes with features like abandoned cart recovery, customer logins, and email/chat/phone support. It’s also compatible with many dropshipping apps
- Hosting solutions. Shopify has its own servers, and a seller can purchase a domain through the platform.
- Lack of free dropshipping options. That’s the main difference between dropshipping with Shopify and dropshipping with WooCommerce (WordPress-built stores):
- Plugins for features like Reviews, Bot Protection, Security, Product Filter & Search, Product Sourcing & Importing, etc. are not free with Shopify. They are essential for dropshipping (and eCommerce in general) but every one of them cost money. The fee depends on the user’s Shopify plan and usually starts from $9/month.
- WooCommerce offers quality plugins for those features for free.
- Expensive fees and monthly payments. Shopify has a 14-day free trial, but no free options afterward. As of 2021, it offers five plans, ranging from $9 to $299 a month, with custom pricing available for one of the schemes. Every plan has online credit card rates, ranging from 2.9%+30¢ to 2.4% + 30¢. And if you use a payment provider that is not Shopify’s, an additional fee is applied, ranging from 2% to 0.5%.
- Dropshipping with WooCommerce is based on WordPress software which is both open-sourced and free. That means you can create your online store by yourself, with no investment, or customize it with professional developers for a reasonable one-time fee.
- Dropshipping software for WooCommerce is usually affordable and requires only one-time payments.
Ali2Woo offers dropshipping WooCommerce software just like the one mentioned above. Our plugins and add-ons, developed specifically for dropshipping on AliExpress and eBay:
- Offer necessary built-in features, such as product import, inventory & pricing synchronization, multiple languages and currencies, product filtering, automatic order placements & shipment, and more;
- Come with a free Chrome extension;
- Has a competent and friendly support team;
- Is cost-effective, user-friendly, and practical.
If you already have a Shopify store and want to cut your expenses without risking the quality, simply migrate it to Ali2Woo — it’s easy. Contact our team for a free guide.