AliExpress Dropshipping forum - How to charge another shipping fee for manual added (own) products?

Home AliExpress Dropshipping Forum Ali2Woo Tools Ali2Woo plugin How to charge another shipping fee for manual added (own) products?

• Author
    Participant

Shipping Charges For India Not Coming when Products Added to Cart when i had my Flat Shipping for India as 100 Rs.

When I Deleted the Flat Shipping For india ,

I have my Price in INR ( Rupees ) , However when shipping appeared The Shipping charge was in Dollar while the Price was in INR .  Please note 1$ = 75 INR .

So the total price is coming wrong like – 2450 INR + 6 INR ( while this is in Dollar ) ..

Also Do you guys know how can i inform the customer how much time will it take to get Delivered , i mean what is the shipping Timelines ?

Admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

Shipping Charges For India Not Coming when Products Added to Cart when i had my Flat Shipping for India as 100 Rs.

When I Deleted the Flat Shipping For india ,

I have my Price in INR ( Rupees ) , However when shipping appeared The Shipping charge was in Dollar while the Price was in INR .  Please note 1$ = 75 INR .

So the total price is coming wrong like – 2450 INR + 6 INR ( while this is in Dollar ) ..

1). You need to choose the INR currency in the plugin settings ( screenshot )
    2). And set the right currency symbol for your prices ( screenshot )

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Admin.
    Admin
    Keymaster

Also Do you guys know how can i inform the customer how much time will it take to get Delivered , i mean what is the shipping Timelines ?

Typically, online stores deliver your orders in about 7-14 days, while with AliExpress shipping time mostly takes 15-45 days.

If you want to speed up things, you can use ePacket delivery method.

Akriti
    Participant

I have my own products on my website for which the Shipping is different . I mean for my own products i charge only Rs. 100 as Flat Shipping Charges for India. When i enable this , Even for ali2Woo Drop shipping 100Rs Flat Charges are being applied while For India the Shipping Charge for ali2Woo are actually too high  ? How to Handle this ? Am i Doing something wrong ?

Admin
    Keymaster

By default WooCommerce allows to set several shipping methods for the same shipping zone. When you add the Flat Rate shipping, WooCommerce will require your customers to choose between Ali2Woo shipping method (if enabled) and the Flat Rate one. That’s why that issue occurred.

So default behavior is not suitable for your case.

There are two choices:

1) Add a custom code inside Ali2Woo shipping method to program the calculation for non-Ali2Woo products and use the logic you need (for example flat price). We can prepare the cost for the task if you choose this way.

2) Don’t use Ali2Woo shipping calculation at all. You can disable it in the plugin settings. And set up your own shipping methods in WooCommerce.

Thanks

Akriti
    Participant

If i want to go with second option i.e i disable ali2woo shipping calculation can you please help how can I identify ali2woo products in woocommerce .

I mean as i can think i will need to set up new shipping class and in that class if i can identify the ali2woo products i can specify shipping for them .

Let me know if this would be possible?

Admin
    Keymaster

I think we could add a little improvement to Ali2Woo plugin.

It could be the option to set a default shipping class for all products imported through Ali2Woo plugin.

What do you think? Whether it can solve your task?

Akriti
    Participant

Yes  in addition to adding a Default Shipping Class for Ali2Woo , it would be great if you can also add the option to Chose the “Standard Shipping Rate From Ali2Woo” or “my customized rate for this class” .

So When I set up the new Ali2Woo  shipping class and identify the ali2woo products I can set the standard Shipping Rate from Ali2Woo and my Flat Rate for other Products will not be visible here.

By when do you think , we can have this update ?

Admin
    Keymaster

When you will disable the Ali2Woo shipping calculation, you can set the flat rate for particular shipping class (Ali2Woo shipping class) in the WooCommerce settings. I mean there is no need for the new “my customized rate for this class” option.

We’re going to implement the “Default Shipping Class” option in a few days.

Admin
    Keymaster

We’ve added the “Default shipping class” option to Ali2Woo settings.

A short instruction how to assign the class to products:

1) Add a new shipping class in WooCommerce settings
    2) Open Ali2Woo settings (Shipping settings tab) and set that class as default shipping ( screenshot) and save the changes.
    3) That shipping class will be automatically assigned to all new products you import from AliExpress. But It will no be connected to ones you have already in your store.

Thanks

Admin
    Keymaster

We’ve added the “Default shipping class” option to Ali2Woo settings.

A short instruction how to assign the class to products:

1) Add a new shipping class in WooCommerce settings
    2) Open Ali2Woo settings (Shipping settings tab) and set that class as default shipping ( screenshot) and save the changes.
    3) That shipping class will be automatically assigned to all new products you import from AliExpress. But It will no be connected to ones you have already in your store.

Thanks

Akriti
    Participant

Thanks for plugin update . The shipping class is working fine and now i am able to get different shipping options for my product and ali2woo product .

However there looks to be some issue with the Shipping Rate . Please see the screen shot attached. The price of the Product comes correctly in Indian Rupees , However the Shipping Charges that are Displayed are showing in INR , but the Charge does not look to be correct . Please have a look

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Admin
    Keymaster

Please check the currency option in Ali2Woo plugin setting.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Turn Your Store Into

Cash Machine

Enter email and get FREE eBook with

best dropshipping tips for 2020

guide box

By entering your email, you agree to receive marketing

emails from Ali2woo. You can unsubscribe any time.

Thank you!

Check Your E-mail & Start Downloading

Thank you for your interest in our e-book. We’ve sent you an email with a download link - simply click it, and start downloading

Download our free ebook:

Turn Your Store Into Cash Machine