If you want to learn how to start AliExpress dropshipping business expertly in 2019, then you can’t miss out on reading this article.
Here, you’ll get to know 6 easy steps to start AliExpress dropshipping business and stand out overtime.
A quick reminder! Not everything you hear or see works, and that’s why we’ve handpicked only what works and analyzed them in this article.
Sit back, relax and read while we open your eyes to the right market, product, and low budget marketing ideas to help you get started as a fresh entrepreneur in 2019.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping business is an online retail business where you market to find your customers and sell them products which your manufacturer ships to your customers on your behalf.
In dropshipping business, you don’t store products physically. In fact, ‘you don’t have what you sell.”
When a buyer places an order, you buy from a third party and let them ship it to your buyer. The implication is that you don’t see, hold or even ship the item.
Working Model of Dropshipping Business in 2019
No one can ever run an AliExpress dropshipping business successfully without these three factors; the consumer, manufacturer, and retailer.
Suffice it to be that it’s a process flow that can never be successful if any of the three factors mentioned above are missing.
In a dropshipping business, the manufacturer makes the products and caters to all that involves shipping the created products, accepting and changing products all on behalf of the retailer.
The retailer is the next in line; you market the products created by the manufacturer under your branded website. You choose the products to market and also cater to customers’ complaints and inquiries.
The customer is at the end, as they buy the products created by the manufacturer and marketed by the retailer. They are entitled to ask their questions and make complaints directly to the retailer.
What’s the use of a product if it fails to get to a consumer? Remember, you need to respond to your customers professionally as well as friendly if the need be.
Why You Need to Start Dropshipping Business Today?
AliExpress dropshipping business comes with low risk as you only pay for the products that are sold to customers who pay.
With dropshipping business, you don’t cater to product creation or incur costs of maintaining unsold products, paying employees and even shipping.
It’s an opportunity to break into the entrepreneurship world. You may need some time to process orders which are automated; you just need to start. Take a look at some of the benefits of dropshipping business.
- Easy to Kickstart – Although starting up an e-commerce business is not a stroll in the park, kickstarting your dropshipping business can be relatively easy. Unlike the conventional online store or business, dropshipping lets you start without any need for space, huge capital, among others. As simple as finding a niche, supplier, marketing strategy, you can get started. No need to manage stock or seek for a warehouse.
- Flexibility – If you run a dropshipping business, you can operate from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection. Communicate with suppliers, customers and manage your business.
- Scalability – You can grow your dropshipping business without having to hire extra staff or pump in more money. The job falls on your supplier as you get more orders.
- Minimum Investment – There is no need to purchase stock and tie money with it. You only buy once you get an order, so there is no room for investment.
Starting Your Dropshipping Business in 6 Steps:
1. Select a Niche
If you must excel in AliExpress dropshipping, you don’t need to undermine the products you sell, and that is why you need to source for the best dropshipping ideas.
You must have heard “choose a niche you have a passion for”, that’s not all. Blending your passion with the quest for profit, or possibly opting for what works and not your passion crowns it all.
You can always develop a better passion for your niche when it becomes profitable.
At Ali2Woo, we keep you stress-free and save your time by helping you create a comprehensive list of trending products.
Apparently, you wouldn’t want to go into a niche without any competition, and that’s where trendy products come in handy. Beauty, tech, fashion, backpacks, and jewelry have remained trendy with top online stores venturing and making it big.
Your choice of niche is important, spend some time doing your due diligence.
Before You Choose a Niche and Products
- Look for profitable niches – AliExpress dropshipping business means you do not store products. Instead, you focus on marketing and sales. So you should test different marketing channels, find effective ones and sell high-margin products. It’s one of the ways your store will be profitable.
- Follow Google Trends – To know if a niche belongs to an upward or downward trend, you need to follow Google trend. But then, you have to consider some other factors as Google Trends alone is not enough to take your decisions; some upward trends may have poor search volume.
- Google Keyword Planner – Opt for Google’s Keyword Planner to find the search volume of keywords. You may want to find a friend who owns a premium version of the Keyword Planner to help you find smaller ranges of keyword volumes. This helps you make better decisions on pursuing the keywords for your niche.
- Check out the products’ order volume – With Ali2Woo, you can check out products in line with their order volume to give you an insight into how trendy any product is. However, don’t be too quick to discard a product with somewhat lower order volume than others.
- Get this; trends aren’t the most profitable AliExpress droshipping ideas, but dropshipping business ideas that have trends in them. Check this out; the fashion niche has Denim clothing as a trend. Likewise, the beauty niche has eyelashes as a trend, and so on. You don’t necessarily need your niche to be trendy, but your particular products to ensure long-term sustenance.
- Check the shipping costs – During your product research, it’s wise to check the shipping costs. Customers are looking for free shipping and keep away from high delivery price. Choose products that are inexpensive to ship. Sum shipping costs to the products’ price and add free delivery to attract more sales.
- Focus on goods for impulse purchases – As you are an online entrepreneur, one of your target is to get the highest conversion rate. Your products should capture visitors attention and trigger impulse buys, as the time they will focus on your site is very short, and most of them will never return.
- Build your shop brand – Your business gets more value if you pay attention to your branding. Add your logo on any product photo on your site, emails, on the package and materials, that your wholesaler may put in the box.
- Evergreen Vs. trending niches – Take your time to analyze niches that are evergreen and the trendy ones. Fashion and gaming among others are evergreen while trending niches like experience rise and fall.
- Choose goods that are not available locally – Something your customer can’t find in stores at your place is more valuable and worth ordering.
2. Do Competitor Research
The issue of competition in the market is not a simple one.
On the one hand, competing with other online stores and Amazon and AliExpress itself may seem difficult. And some just starting dropshipping businessmen try to find a market with low competing.
On the other hand, low competing means low demand for the product. It may be caused by high shipping costs, for example.
Highly demanded products are good for AliExpress dropshipping business. As we said before, it should be something that could not be bought in local stores, but still interesting and desirable.
To study your potential market and your competitors, do your research on social media, check Google and Facebook ads, read online communities in your niche. Find out how other stores do their marketing, how many consumers they seem to get, what are the best working instruments.
Use their websites as examples for your work that you can improve. You can also look through the products on the main page to choose some of them for your store.
By the way, you need your competitor research to build your pricing strategy. If there are some shops very easy to find and shipping orders to your target location, you should consider their prices carefully.
3. Choose Your Suppliers Expertly
There is a very important part of AliExpress dropshipping business that entrepreneurs do not run themselves — it is processing the order to the buyer.
With the wrong choice of supplier, your AliExpress dropshipping business may lose money and customers. So your usual tip is to be picky about wholesalers.
AliExpress as an eCommerce giant offers to buy millions of products at wholesale prices. It’s perfect for dropshipping. On the other hand, your suppliers are located in China, not in your country. That’s why communication becomes really important.
- Purchase Test Orders – Perform test purchases for every new supplier, consider the speed of their response, if it is easy for you both to understand each other, and do you get what you wanted and product quality in the end.
- Ask Questions – Make sure you ask all the questions at the very beginning of your partnership. Is there option to brand the boxes and add branded material to the products. Do they use ePacket? Will they send you tracking numbers? Do they inform their partners when some goods are out of stock?
- Compare Prices – While there are numerous suppliers, some sell higher than others. However, note that lower prices don’t mean poor quality. Sometimes, high prices can even mean low quality. Study prices and quality.
Plan your relationships with the wholesalers in advance, work on them, use our posts to be prepared and don’t give up if it occurs that a supplier fails you. There may be many such situations in business. Just move on.
4. Build an Ideal AliExpress Dropshipping Website
Launching your website may seem quite complicated when you are a beginner, but all the platforms are really easy to use now and provide a lot of support. You do not need to be an IT pro to start.
The fastest way to create your first AliExpress dropshipping store is to use an e-commerce platform like WooCommerce. It gives you a wide variety of effective instruments and useful extensions. Many of them are free to use or have lite free versions.
Creating an ideal dropshipping business has some components; read on to check out some of these components:
- Domain Name — You can never undermine the need for a good domain name if you’re poised to create a successful long-term dropshipping business. For ideas on business names, you can check out Business Name Generators, and do well to choose a .com domain. Get this; if you must include a keyword in your domain name, go for niche keywords such as fashion, beauty and not narrowed keywords or product name. Likewise, don’t use your name in your domain name.
- Set up your WordPress/WooCommece store — WooCommerce stands out as a unique and most easy-to-use eCommerce plugin for WordPress CMS. With a long list of enhanced features, tools, and apps being introduced often, it’s easy to sell on this platform. You can always reach out to experts to help you out if you encounter any hitch.
- WooCommerce Themes — As a beginner, you may want to go for free themes, but once you start making money, you can purchase premium themes to improve your store designs.
- Install Ali2Woo — Ali2Woo makes it easier for eCommerce retailers to source and find products they can sell the same day online. Despite how trendy your niche is, Ali2Woo helps you find some products. Keep your eyes on about 10–25 products for a start — this is because crafting engaging product descriptions can be quite a hassle when the number of your product exceeds this range. You can ask your questions and make your inquiries via Ali2Woo support center, social media pages or blog.
5. Create a Marketing Plan
Your store and products are ready now. It’s time to do the marketing! Without a doubt, this is a vital part of your dropshipping business, and if you can achieve this, then you’re already on your path to e-commerce success.
Check out some of the proven marketing strategies you can embark on to get impressive results:
- Facebook Advertising – The truth is your first ad may not even get any conversion; it’s normal. However, don’t be tempted to spend $500 at a go or back off on your journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur. Create another ad with a minimal budget, if the first fails to convert; in fact, set up many ads as you can’t tell your winning products at this point. Target the world in your ads, but remove USA, UK, Australia, and Canada from your target audience. You may want to set up respective ads for each of these places when you must have earned something from your AliExpress dropshipping business; the reason is to keep your ad cost on a low.
- Retarget Your Ads – To keep the budget low, you need to retarget your ads, especially when you’re on a tight budget. If your store gets massive traffic, perhaps from Pinterest or your blogs posts that featured influencers are now being shared for free; then retargeting your ads will yield great results. When you retarget, you get the most of the free traffic, which is possible conversion. A cheap and possible way of making sales.
- Influencer Marketing – As a beginner, you may find it difficult to pay influencers the rate they charge. When you offer influencers commission for sales, you cut down your AliExpress dropshiping risk while the influencers ensure conversion. With this advertising option, you’ll get some photos that will take your social proof up a notch. Depending on the influencers, they can generate better amounts than they would have made if you gave them a flat rate and this makes them strive to get better conversions for you.
- Email Marketing – Try to get visitors’ emails from the very start of your AliExpress dropshipping business. For example, offer a discount or a gift or free shipping. Let know in advance how often your store is going to send the messages and the themes. Usually, customers are interested in sales and new products available. May be, posts from your blog are good too. Email marketing is an instrument to create your customer base, your audience. It means long-term relationships with your customers and sales without spending more money on the acquisition.
- Content Marketing – It means everything you publish for your followers: your blog posts, your video, and photo, for example, Instagram stories. Good content takes time to work on it and even more, time to become a sustainable marketing channel, but there were plenty of cases when great content made people love some brands.
6. Analyze and Improve Your Marketing
Collect all the information valuable for your business marketing.
This includes the number and the types of your ads, the number of people who saw them, the number of visitors to your site overall and by every channel, the number of purchases the people made. Use Google Analytics and Facebook pixel for the task.
When you know what ads and what channels are the most effective ones, you’ll be able to manage your marketing budget accordingly. To make your marketing better and better you’ll need data to base on it.
May be, SEO and Google Analytics are the most important things to learn for a newborn dropshipper. Fortunately, there are plenty of free materials and courses online.
The more experience you will get with your AliExpress dropshipping store, the more confident you will be in your marketing. And you’ll understand at a moment what information you need to make your decisions.
Wham! You can now start up your AliExpress dropshipping business and earn with time. Do well to follow and implement some of the ideas discussed above in your store and work towards carving a niche for your brand and becoming an entrepreneur. Kindly leave a comment or contact Ali2Woo team on our social pages. Start that dropshipping business today, and you’ll be glad you did.